לפרטים על תואר ראשון ושני
Curriculum Vitae קורות חיים
1978 Ph.D. Physics-Hebrew University
1972 M.Sc. Physics- Hebrew University
1970 B.Sc. Physics and Mathematics-Hebrew University
1985-2001 Member of the Academic Council of JCT (Alias Lev Academic Center)
1985-1986, 1989-1990 Head of Electro-optics Department
1992-1997, 2002-present Representative of Senate in the Board of Directors of JCT
2001 associate professor
2001-present Member of the Senate of JCT
Member of several committees: Disciplinary, educational, student grants, sabbaticals
2002-2004 Head of Optical Communications Center, JCT
2006- present Projects Coordinator of the Department of Physics of Machon Lev and Machon Tal, JCT
Lectures in classical and modern physics and in many topics of Electrooptics
Instructor of all kinds of physics, optics and electrooptic students' laboratories.
Instruction of some 90 students' final projects.
Employment in Other Institutions and Non-teaching Related Activities
Member of Projects- Selection Committee of the Patir Incubator
Consultant to the Committee for Design and Construction of JCT
Additional activities-see below
Prizes and Commendations
2003-2006 JCT awards for distinguished academic staff
In the last week of February 2000, the British internet paper, Optics.Org, published an article of mine (Schweitzer N. and Arieli Y., "A wide-angle narrow bandpass optical detection system optimally designed to have large signal-to-noise ratio", Appl. Opt. 39 (6), 913-918, (2000)) among the most important innovations in Electro-optics of that week.
1985-present Member of the Center for Prevention of Road Injuries (CPRI)
We (JCT and CPRI) developed a unique system for prevention of road accidents. The road-unit of the system could automatically measure the speed of each passing vehicle and its time-gap and distance from the preceding car. Many road tests were made that proved that using the system can efficiently improve the behavior of drivers. We held several national and international conferences concerning prevention of road accidents. Following our efforts Mr. Katsav, then The Minister of Transportation, announced while visiting JCT, September 1990, an additional section to the Transportation Regulations indicating the allowable time-gap between vehicles.
Ties to Other Institutions
I conducted projects for the Ministry of Transportation, Ministry of Defense, Ministry of Energy and Infrastructure, Ministry of Health, IDF and for the Israeli Police. I had ties to Bar-Ilan University, Hebrew University, Nahal Soreq Nuclear Research Center, Armament Development Authority (Rafael), IAI (Israel Aircraft Industry) Shaare Zedek Hospital and Wingate Institute, Netanya. I had and still have a significant cooperation with the industry (tens of companies).
- 22 articles in refereed journals and conference papers
- 40 projects and technological reports for government and industry
- 3 patents
- Instruction of some 90 students' final projects out of which about one third was done with the cooperation of the industry.
- Organizing international conferences on optical communications and on prevention of road accidents
- Consultant to:
- Researchers from the Department of Mathematics, Bar-Ilan University
- The Israeli Police
- Several industrial companies
- 1985-1989 CTO of the Marom project. Marom is the system designated to enforce speeding and tailgating (see above- Communal Positions)
- 1989-1991 CEO and CTO of the project
- 1991 Founder of Zamir company. Zamir is a manufacturer of automatic real-time license plate recognition (LPR) systems, located at the Jerusalem Technology Park, Malcha
- 1991-1995 CEO and CTO of Zamir. Zamir is now an international company.
- 2012-present Conducting a joint project of JCT and the Israeli Navy
1. Klapisch M. Weil D., Finkenthal M., Fraenkel B. S., Schweitzer N., Schwob J. L., “Spectrum of Highly Ionized Molybenum in the Range of 10-100Å”, Symp. of Spectroscopy, Gaithersburg, M.D., (1975).
2. Schwob J.L., Klapisch M., Schweitzer N., Finkenthal M., Breton C., DeMichelis C., Mattioli M., "Identification of Mo.XV to Mo. XXXIII in the Soft X-ray Spectrum of the TFR Tokamak", Phys. Letters A 62, 85 (1977).
3. Schweitzer N., Klapisch M., Schwob J.L., Finkenthal M., BarShalom A., Mandelbaum P., Fraenkel B.S., "Nickel-like Spectra of Elements YXII to Ag XX from Vacuum Spark", J. Opt. Soc. Am. 71, 219 (1981).
4. Klapisch M., Mandelbaum P., Schwob J.L., Bar-Shalom A., Schweitzer N., "3d-4p Transitions in the Soft X-ray Spectra of MoXIV and of Isoelectronic Y to Ag Ions from a Low-Inductance Vacuum Spark", Phys. Letters A 84, 177-181 (1981).
5. Bodenheimer J., Levi L., Schweitzer N., "Applied Optics in the 1980's", A survey prepared for the National Council for R&D, Ministry of Energy and Infrastructure, State of Israel, (1981).
6. Wyart J.F., Klapisch M., Schwob J.L., Schweitzer N., "The 3d9 -3d84p Transitions in the Spectrum of Highly Ionized Elements Yttrium to Silver (YXIII-AgXXI)", Phys. Scr. 26, 141-154 (1982).
- Wyart J.F., K1apisch M., Schwob J.L., Schweitzer N. and Mandelbaum P., "Spectra of the Iron-like Ions from Y-XIV to AgXXII", Phys. Scr. 27, 275 (1983).
- Wyart J.F., Mandelbaum P., Klapisch M., Schwob J.L., Schweitzer N., “Identification of n=5 to n=4 Transitions in Zinc-like Ions from Yttrium to Tin (YX-SnXXI)”, Phys. Scr., 36, 224 (1987).
- Liberman D., Ben-David G., Schweitzer N., Apter Y., Porosh A., "Triggering and Modulation of the Braking Response During Driving," Ergonomics, 38, 1894-1902 (1995).
- Schweitzer N., Ben-David G., Liberman D., Apter Y., Porosh A., “Measurement of the Minimum Driver Braking Response During Driving,” Ergonomics, 38, 1903-1910 (1995).
- Schweitzer N. and Freeman R., “Torques about symmetrical bodies”, The Physics Teacher, USA, 34, 350 (1996).
12. Schweitzer N., Friedman Y., and Skop M., “Stability of systems of plane reflecting surfaces”, Appl. Opt., 37:22, 383-386 (1998).
13. Friedman Y. and Schweitzer N., “Classification of stable configurations of plane mirrors”, Appl. Opt., 37:31, 7229-7234 (1998).
14. Schweitzer N. and Arieli Y., “A wide-angle narrow bandpass optical detection system optimally designed to have large signal-to-noise ratio”, Appl. Opt. 39 (6), 913 – 918, (2000).
Conference Papers and Presentations
15. Bodenheimer J.S., Schweitzer N., Apter Y., Teitelbaum A., "A New Electro-Optical Device for Measurement of Driving and for Traffic Control", Proc. of the International Conference on Road Safety, Ashdod, 1987.
16. Ben-David G., Bodenheimer J., Schweitzer N., Richter E., Slater P., "Monitoring High Risk Driving Behaviour in Israel", International Conference on New Ways and Means for Improved Safety, Tel Aviv, Israel, Feb. 1989.
17. Ben-David G., Bodenheimer J., Schweitzer N., Richter E., Slater P., "A Study of High Risk Driving Behaviour in Israel", International Symposium on Driving Behaviour in a Social Context, Paris, France, May, 1989.
18. Liberman D.G., Ben-David G., Schweitzer N., Apter Y., Porosh A., “A Field study on Braking Reactions During Driving", The Annual Meeting of the North American Society for the Psychology of Sports and Physical Activity, Asilomar, California, June 13-16, 1991.
19. Azancot J., Schweitzer N., "Computerized radiophotometer based on CCD camera", Proc. of the SPIE 8th meeting on Optical Engineering in Israel, Tel Aviv, SPIE, 1972, 381-387 (1992).
20. Skop M., Schweitzer N., Ben-Ezra D., “Adjustable stabilized reflector for optical communication”, Proc. of the IEEE 19th Convention of Electrical and Electronics Engineers in Israel, Jerusalem (IEEE, NY:1996), 383-386.
21. Landau D., Schweitzer N., and Nitzan M., “Quantitative analysis of the retinal blood vessel images”, Proc. of the 5th Symp. on Medical Physics, JCT, Jerusalem, (1997), 24-25.
22. Verker T., Schweitzer N., Eisenberg N., Broder J, “Construction of a detection system with a wide field of view”, in Proc. of the SPIE 10th Tenth Meeting on Optical Engineering in Israel, Jerusalem (SPIE, Bellingham, WA, 1997), 3110, 616-621.
23. Schweitzer N., Bodenheimer J., “Constant Deviation Reflector”, 1989, (patent).
רשמה את הפטנט "בכל העולם"DSSחברת
24. Schweitzer N., Bodenheimer J., Ben-David G., “Traffic Safety MonitoringApparatus”,1989, (patent) רשמה את הפטנט "בכל העולם". DSS חברת
25. שוייצר נ., וייס ז., גולדברג ב., '' מערכת ושיטה לתפיסת בבואה'', פטנט ישראלי מספר 107931 (1976)